Monday, September 26, 2011

I Am Loving The Process!

Bean Bag Chairs For the kids to sit on!

When I first got to San Felipe I was sure I was in the right place and knew that God had called me here. Although before I got here I thought we would have children within the month. When I got to San Felipe I found out it could be a couple of months. I questioned the timing of things and whether I made all of the right decisions. About two weeks into this journey I got so homesick and lonely. I just wanted my family and friends.

Through prayer and encouragement from family and friends I am much better. Now that I am living out at Sonshine and working on a daily basis on what Sonshine Hacienda is going to look like, I am loving it. I love being able to be a part of what God is going to doing here. Right now we are finishing the painting and furnishings in all of the room and organizing the daily schedules, policy, and procedures that Sonshine Hacienda will have in place. I have daily devotionals in the morning and afternoon planning meetings. I think that this is the first time that I like being a part of meetings, because this is the first time I am at a meeting that is about something I am truely passionate about. I love that Sonshine is becoming a part of me even before kids get here. It's so funny how God knows what we need even before we know what we need. While I was questioning the timing of everything, God knew that I needed to be here at this time for these decisions so that not only would I be a part of taking care of the children, but God wanted me to be a part of building Sonshine Hacienda. He loves to take us through the process of things so that our hearts can align with His heart and really seek what His will is. Going through the process builds character and I know that my character in definitely being refined and I am being molded. The more I am part of the process and part of praying and seeking God for guidance in the process the more passionate I get about the children of San Felipe and the more confident I am that I am going to see God's kingdom come at Sonshine.
We Got Our Mattresses and the rest of the beds are on their way


All of Our Wardrobes Have Arrived :)

Part of the Great Room: Preschool Section



No comments:

Post a Comment