Tuesday, October 11, 2011

When In Doubt, Call on Jesus

Our Multipurpose Room
New Bunk Beds are put together

Sonshine Bus! Cool huh?!
Last week I was very worried about my finances. I was missing some support and I would say I was doubtful, scared, and I panicked. The whole week I had to keep reminding myself that God is a provider and if I truly believe that He called me here (which I do) then why do I think that He would leave me. I had to keep telling God that I trust Him and also just asking Him to provide for me supernaturally and just meet my needs. By the end of the week I had 2 more financial supporters and a major financial need met. It was one of those times that I just felt so loved by God and heard by Him. This past month the passage in the gospels, of Peter walking on water, has consistently come up. This last week I felt like I was Peter sinking in the sea, even though I recently witnessed Jesus do miraculous things, because I was looking at the wind and the waves. I can walk on water if I'm focused on Jesus but I remember that in times where I am sinking if I call on the name of Jesus He will rescue me. He is always there to pick me up even when I fail to trust Him.  I have experienced God and His greatness but I still have so much more to see and to learn about Him. One thing I think God wants to instill in me is that I must rely on Him not man. God is my source and my provider.  I am realizing that I get to experience God in a whole new way and see the body of Christ in a new way as well through my adventures at Sonshine. I am very grateful to everyone who gives. You all encourage my faith more that you know. Thank you for your obedience. I can't wait to see how God blesses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment