Friday, September 9, 2011

God Has Me Right Where He Wants Me :)

When God called me to San Felipe. One of my biggest fears was that I wasn't ready. Then I remember that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. So I spent some time trying to get ready. I felt like God stripped some things off of me during the preparation Now that I am here I know that He just starting to equip me. There is a training process going on.  He has already taught me and shown me so much in 10 days that I have been here. He is teaching me about patience (a consistent lesson I am learning). He is teaching me about how to be dependent on Him. 

I had a very comfortable life before now. One where I was in control. I would love to say that I gave God control but I didn't completely. I am now so dependent on Him to show up. It's not a comfortable easy thing for me yet. I wish I could say that I have this great faith and I have no worries, but I still do at times. However I can am so thankful that I can cling to God's word that says the righteous will not be forsaken and it also says that when I call on Him He will answer. I can also hold on to what God has done so far in my life. I don't want to forget about the times when He has so provided for my needs and more. This reminds me of the children of Israel and how they doubted God after He brought them out of Egypt. The children of Israel's biggest problem was that they forgot. They ended up wandering around the desert for years because they were afraid to step out. They forgot about how God had chosen them, loved them, and had delivered them supernaturally. They choose not to remember how powerful He is.  God has me in a place where I can strengthen my faith muscle. I have to make the decision to believe His word and His record of never failing me. He will show Himself. I realize that if He had fully equipped me before I got to San Felipe, then I wouldn't have to call to Him daily to help me. I wouldn't have to look to Him for guidance. God has put me in a position where I am dependent upon Him right now for everything. I must trust Him with my finances, my relationships, my Spanish skills, and the work that I am going to do with these children. He has me right where He wants me so that I can see miracles and His name will be glorified. GLORIA A DIOS :)



Sonshine from the Front
Opening the door to my apartment
Beautiful San Felipe! Still by the water :)



1 comment:

  1. Dear Erin, I admire how strong in the Lord u are and how much stronger r u gonna get to help the people in need around u. How much hope r u gonna bring to their lives, I bless you and I release supernatural provision for u. Go Erin....go Erin....uhhhh.....
    We sure live very conffy and very spolied here in USA, but u know what u sure are doing a great work for the children of God..and He will take care of u..,LOVE U AND MISS YOU....TA AMAMOS MUCHO ARRIBA LA ERIN....

    ReplyDelete