Friday, March 30, 2012

Good- Bye Sonshine and San Felipe

 My last week in San Felipe and at Sonshine was one of the most difficult good-byes I have had in my life. I now truely know that the good-byes are the hardest part of missions work. At the beginning of the last week I started to feel excited and sad, anxious and content all at the same time. I was so sad to leave my San Felipe friends, church family, and to leave Sonshine. Both have become a part of me and will always have such a special place in my heart. Even though it was not the last I will see of San Felipe it was hard to leave all of these people that have become part of my every day life. During this experience I met some of the most amazing people and have learn so much about a beautiful culture.

Being able to lay the foundation of the orphanage with the staff of Sonshine was amazing. I was so blessed to have worked with great people who will one day soon be teaching children about God's love and grace. To know that God choose me to be a part of that has me in awe of God's grace. I am so excited for Sonshine and how God has and will be glorified there. I have no regrets about Sonshine and cannot wait to visit when the children get there.

I felt so blessed to have been embraced by everyone in San Felipe. My church family took me in as part of their family simply because I was part of their spiritual family and showed me love and a different way of life. I can say that the time I spent with them has forever changed me. Even though this experience didn't last as long as I thought, I appreciate all that I have learned and I finished this experience knowing that I am very much called by God to nations. I went to San Felipe to work with children and while I didn't get to see the children at Sonshine, I believe God sparked new inside of me. During my time with the friends in San Felipe I began to desire really to be with people and have better relationships with friends.  I still want to work with children in the mission field primarily but experiencing the culture through relationships is priceless part of missions work.

I am now trusting God in this next chapter of my life and believe that the fire and passion God has given me for people and culture He will continue to stir. I believe that the work that God has started in me He is faithful to complete as I continue to let God lead the way.








Pastors


From the English Class a friend and I started at Church




From my Going Away Lucheon with Sonshine Staff

Going Away Dessert after Event at the Church




No comments:

Post a Comment