Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blessed!



This week we had our Grand Opening/Benefit this past weekend. It was a success. We were blessed to have had over 200 people fill this place. The people of San Felipe came together and raised a lot of the money that we need to open and so many people were able to see the progress that we have made in the past few months. Now this event turned out to be nice but it was so much work. We spent weeks preparing for this night. By the time Dec.2 (the day of the event) came around I was tired and just not very sure of my capabilities to pull off my part of this event. Just when I thought that I was not going to make it, I was surprise by two of my really close friends, Becky and Alayna. having them here with me during that night kept me sane and also reminded me of how God knows what we need even before we do. I had no idea that I needed a couple of friends to walk through that night with but I did. I also had a few friends from my church here and San Felipe help serve at the dinner and it just blessed me. It reminded me how God has placed so many people in my life that I can count on. I am so grateful that I have so many people I can count on for prayer, help, or advice. People who I can call and talk to when I am feeling lonely or homesick. And people who count on to be there for me without me having to ask. When I saw my two friends standing there I was reminded that God sees even my smallest needs and cares enough about me to see that there are met. I am very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment