Thursday, November 3, 2011

Things Are Coming Together

These are the signs outside each room 

Things are coming together in San Felipe. The last couple of weeks have been really good. We have been working and getting a lot done here at Sonshine. We now have smoke alarms, emergency lights, and signs for all of the doors and exits. We also have a playset that will be put together this next week by a team coming from Colorado. I am so happy we are going to have a playground soon.  This is the first team since I have been here on staff and I am so excited about them coming. Also this week I was able to get my background check and immigration papers taken care of. Big shout out to those who support me. I could not have paid for the immigration fees without your support. Thank You.


They were hand painted :)

I am so happy I am a part of the start of Sonshine. The more I am a part of the process,  the up and the downs the frustrations and the moments of happiness and success,  the more that God teaches me to have an eternal perspective. He is little by little revealing to me the answer to my main question which is: What is the full vision for my own life? I don’t have it all figured out but this is just the begginning of this journey.  I am constantly learning daily how to take everything to Him. I’m not perfect at it but I am learning to let Him into every part of my life. I am becoming more and more dependent on God and it’s awesome.



I have made some new friends that I struggle to have a conversation with because they only speak Spanish, but somehow I still am able to understand their stories and  hear how God has transformed their lives and I am able to communicate my story with them and what God is doing in me since I have been here. These conversations are usually in fragmented sentences. They usually talk to me in English the best way they can and I talk to them in Spanish the best way I can but we are learning from each other and stretching each other. For those of you who have been praying for my Spanish abilities and friendships,Thank You because God is definitely answering those prayers.  I still have a long way to go with Spanish but God is definitely helping me.   I have also met some really nice friends.  I was just talking to one of my closest friends on the phone about how I have taken some of my most valued friendships I have for granted when I had them right in front of me, not knowing how I was until they were far away from me and I missed them, but I don’t want to do that again. I want to enjoy every moment of this experience and every person that God places in my path.
 



Dios te Bendiga Hermanos en Cristo!






Someone donated a ping pong table. Going to be some fun times!

After I painted (and made a huge mess with the paint ;) )
I hope to make some fun designs on it soon. 
 In the kid's bathroom
Before I painted 





No comments:

Post a Comment